Tennessee Avenue Baptist Church
Friday, July 01, 2016
A House of HOPE
We are celebrating 25 years of providing a safe, loving, and Christ-centered learning environment for your children of all ages. We have been serving families of the Bristol community since 1988. Our Childcare Center was created by two Christian women who loved children and saw a need in the community. We started with one child and have been growing ever since. We are licensed by the state of Tennessee with qualified teachers and staff to care for your children and teach them in an atmosphere based on the love of Jesus Christ. We are located at 822 Tennessee Avenue, Bristol, Tennessee. Our phone number is 423.989.4343. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 6:30 am to 5:30 pm. Click on the link provided for directions. Call us and set up a time to come by for a visit. You can observe first hand what your child can experience.
We are a ministry of Tennessee Avenue Baptist Church. We desire this ministry to be a service to the community by providing a warm and caring home away from home for children. We strive to provide the best alternative care for your children at a price that is affordable. Our program takes into account the whole child’s physical, emotional, academic, and spiritual dimensions. It would take several lengthy pages to explain every detail about our philosophy of childcare and values. If you would like to talk specifically about this please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to talk with you. We desire to minister to every family in any way we can.
· Serving ages 6 weeks – Pre-Kindergarten
· After-school care for Kindergarten – 8th grade available
· Summer programs available for school age children
· Developmentally appropriate curriculum
· Hot lunch and snacks served daily at no extra charge
· Nurturing environment
· Low Teacher/Child ratio
· To provide a loving, caring, quality child-care facility focusing on their emotional, intellectual, and spiritual development.
· To provide guidance that will enable every child to portray the love of Jesus in every aspect of their lives
We are dedicated to an environment where
· Children are welcomed into a place where Jesus’ love is expressed and taught
· Children are trained precept upon precept, day by day (Prov. 22:6)
· Children enjoy learning, as they develop academic skills in preparation for kindergarten
· Children are physically and emotionally safe and secure
· Our staff responds with compassion to individual needs of children
· Parents find help in training their children to become all God designed them to be
All learning activities are “child friendly”. As a teaching curriculum, we use one of the most popular and best Christian-based teaching programs in the country called “A Beka Book”. They are the largest Christian textbook publisher in the world and have been providing quality education materials since 1974.
Click on the link provided to see more information on the curriculum. This curriculum will teach students the basic educational fundamentals such as ABC’s, including how to recognize them and what sounds they make, as well as colors, shapes, and numbers.
Our curriculum classes are on the same schedule as the school year – September through May. During the summer months we supplement the A Beka Book curriculum with other Bible-based classes. The children get to learn about God’s Word as well as Jesus and His ministry and His purpose for us today.
CHILD SAFETY POLICY
· No child shall be left alone or unattended
· Signing in/out is required before a child can leave
· A fire escape plan is posted and fire drills are rehearsed
· All playgrounds are fenced and follow state guidelines
· All staff members are trained in First Aid, Child CPR, and required to attend 12 hours of continuing education yearly
· All toys are checked periodically for breakage that could result in a child’s injury
· Infants – Toddler 1 …….$ 130.00 per week
· Toddler 2 …………………..$ 120.00 per week
· Two year olds …………….$ 115.00 per week
· Three – Five year olds …$ 110.00 per week
· K-4 half day …………………$ 50.00 per week
These tuition rates are effective as of May 14, 2012. Tuition rates are subject to change. Please call to verify tuition rates and the class that your child would be in.